Monday, August 24, 2009

Racing Notes!

This past week was very good for my stable. Got my 17th win in 100 starts with some nice efforts from a few of my auction buys. I am very happy with the direction of my stable. Now, I will look to obtain a few more quality horses in the next auction and build from that.

Triple Feature won for me on the 22nd Aug. in a very good maiden victory. She was working very well for the race and sat nicely off the speeds, actually she was between the three speed horses, but the jock told me she was going very easily and just pushed on when the real running began to draw off by 2 lengths. I am very impressed with the way she won.

Shnook won for me at Del Mar in a sharp maiden victory on the 21st Aug. He just blew by the filed to win by 3L eased up at the wire. I am very happy with that race and he could be very useful at the top meets. Some really good horses to be had in the auctions. Got this one for $4 and has since won $41, not a bad return on investment.

Pacifica ran a very game 2nd first time at a distance at Calder as I stepped her up from Maiden Claiming to Maiden Special Weights. She should be able to win at that level I believe after that performance. Her consistency meter was in the hole and I felt she needed a race, so I ran, not sure if it made a difference. Hopefully her meters can move up quicker as she's headed to Belmont Park next month.

Tardy Lightning rebounded with a nice 2nd in a $25 claimer at Calder. I do believe this horse is crying out for distance and he will get it next race, not sure where right now. I am also thinking of bumping him up in class, but will make that decision in a few weeks after I see a couple works. I am thinking I can steal one with him at the Allowance level in September.

No comments: