Saturday, August 15, 2009

Racing Today!

I have got six races today and three again tomorrow. This the most horses that I have had running on one day since I have been back. A lot of checking today to make sure the instructions are ok and so forth.

I claimed the 2yo filly Poolside EC for $6.25 about a month ago and I have decided to take a shot at a 4.5f stake race at Charles Town today. She's trained very well for the race and is 2 for 2, but I don't know if she has the class to compete with these. She's listed at 8/1 morning line, I am just hoping she runs well.

I have Thunder Hoof running at Saratoga today in the 9th. He's listed at 2/1 morning line. He's very sharp coming off his last at Woodbine, but so is the #5 coming from Churchill Downs. Looks like a speed duel could develop, but I do think mine can tussle with this one and still win. I just can't let that one get an uncontested lead at 5.5f. I feel like I can have mine settle behind the #5 and push on for the win, but that's taking a big chance.

No comments: